Opinion on abortion has always been a varied one and abortion itself has been a controversial issue. There may be many different views concerning the ethical acceptability and social policy aspects of abortion. Abortion in simple terms means “ending of pregnancy before birth.” Many people believe abortion to be a moral issue. According to ninth amendment “The enumeration in the constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.” This right states that woman has the right to do anything with her body. Abortion causes death of an embryo or fetus. According to a survey conducted by CBS 41% of the people said that decision of abortion should be left to the mother and remaining 59% said abortion should be strictly banned by the government.
- Approximately 42 Million abortions occur per year.
- Approximately 11500 abortions occur per day.
- 83% of all abortions are obtained in developing countries and 17% occur in developed countries.
Abortion Age Group:
- 52% of women obtaining abortion are below 25 years. 20% of the abortion are obtained by the teenagers.
- 64.4% of women obtaining abortion belong to never married group. 18.4% account for married and 9.4 for divorcee.
There has been a long ongoing debate for the need of abortion. The issue of abortion is very disputable. There are supporters for both the sides of abortion. In the cases of rape, child sexual abuse the person has no other choice than abortion. Abortion has always been a woman’s issue. Abortion can be performed due to many reasons like risking of woman’s health, rape victims. There are many religious beliefs regarding the not legalizing of abortion. Many countries have already banned abortion and some countries allow abortion only under certain circumstances.
Abortion Methods and Side effects:
There are various. Most commonly followed abortion method is based on drug and pills. In this case the women is provided with large doses of estrogen withing 72 hours. This follows several side effects along with it like nausea headache, dizziness or fluid retention.
Other technique followed is by inserting a drug called Misoprostol along with an anti cancer drug named as Methoterxate to cause abortion. But this drugs causes in the end of pregnancy for whole life. It also results in the fatigue and obesity.
In a nutshell children are the gift of God, and we as human beings have no right to interfere with the gift of god. Most of the people around the world have accepted the truth related with abortion. There are both pros and cons related with it. So it will be totally wrong to remove the thoughts related to ban abortion because sometimes people are forced to take such step going against their own will. So you will be finding thousands of opinions on abortion but it’s on you to make a correct decision for yourself.